Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Double ear infection

Two weeks ago Iggy was super congested and feeling lousy. Early in the week we had his two year old visit (28 lbs, 50th%, 36 inches 85th%, and the Cronin melon still holding in at 90th%) and the pediatrician saw fluid in his ear, but it wasn't infected...yet. He then woke up twice during the middle of the night, not like himself. I knew he was a time bomb ticking. I got the call on thursday to come and pick him up from daycare due to a fever of 103. I immediately brought him to the pediatrician, where he still had the 103 fever, that was after tylenol, and was not feeling himself. After cleaning out chucks of ear wax, she was able to see that both ears were infected. I got him home, forced some fluids on him, and laid him in our bed. He wrapped his blankie around himself and was moaning and groaning. I saw his hands, feet, and lips to turn blue (no need to worry his gums were pink, he gets the poor circulation from his momma) and saw the chills on his body. I knew the fever was spiking again. The thermometer read 105! I didn't truly panic because I know his body can tolerate high fevers, but I still googled febrile seizures and didn't let Michael put him in his crib until it was down. Slightly terrifying. Poor bubba took three full days to start feeling like himself again. The only plus side was a super snuggly little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment