Friday, November 7, 2014

Another birthday without Mom

It's impossible to wrap my brain around the fact that my mother has now had 5 birthdays in heaven. Anyone who says "time heals pain" or "it gets easier as time goes on" has never lost someone dear to them. This past birthday was one of the harder ones to get through. November 25th will be 5 years without her, which takes my breath away. Not a day goes by where I don't think about her. Just a few days ago I reached for my phone to call her. As sad as it is that I still have those moments, I am happy that her memory is still so fresh in my mind.

Maeve looked at this picture and pointed to the right photo and said "Mommy." That is something I wear with such pride. I love when people say I look like my mother, I would want nothing else than to be a reminder of her.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment