Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Baptism morning

When I was about 15 weeks pregnant, laying in bed, it occurred to me that this baby would be about 6 weeks on November 25th. November 25th being the anniversary of my mother's passing. I thought what a great way to bring happiness to that sad day. I called the church and requested Father Terry. Father Terry was the priest that did my mom's funeral mass and married Michael and I. He was there for our family during our darkest hour and guided us into the light on our wedding day. It was an honor to have him bring Maeve into God's family.

The dress...When going through Mom's closet we came across this dress. Melissa immediately remembered when Reese and Julian were being baptized. My mother walked in the house with this dress. Melissa yelled at her because they already had a dress for Reese, the dress that my mom's family used for baptisms. My mother loved this dress and pushed for it, but Melissa didn't budge. I was torn, do I use the dress that my mother was baptized in or this one? I decided to use this one because it was a dress she loved and one she personally picked out. At the baptism Melissa said to me "see she knew you would have a girl some day, she got it for you." I think she did. 

I love the detail on top. 

The bow in the back is perfect, so lady-like.

A special gift from her Grampie, what a lucky little girl.

She is digging all this girlie stuff. 

My girl, my heart.

Wearing her gift from Grampie. We tucked it in for the mass so she could wear it closer to her heart. 

Her chariot awaits to take her to the church. 




No comments:

Post a Comment